If you are planning to start an online store, this episode is a must listen. Don’t make the fatal mistakes so many others do. This episode is your step-by-step guide filled with tips and tricks.
Should you go online?
If you plan to sell designs/styles that will be replicated.
If you plan to sell for fashion/entertainment.
If you can sell one-offs and ‘extras’ – company orders big order of polos and include info to “go online and buy the hoodie, jacket, sweater, etc” to all staff.
Basic Steps to Opening an Online (E-commerce) Store:
– Research your shopping cart platform (DIY or full custom development?)
– Pick your Website URL (Listen to Episode 73 about trademarks)
– Make a plan and set a launch date
– Pick your online products (consider inventory)
– Take quality images of a product
– Write great product descriptions and details
– Set up emails for @url
– Get the right security to take credit cards
– Set up a merchant (credit card charging) account
– Pick a shipping plan/providing
– Test before you launch
Plan to change things monthly / annually. Always keep up to date and remember this is your ‘store’ so keep it clean, it represents your company.
Listen to this episode, follow these steps and success is around the corner!
List of eCommerce / online store/shopping cart software: