First, we’ll talk about Contact Pages themselves, which ARE important.
Then we’ll talk about Thank You Pages – often overlooked but even MORE important, we think, than ty pages.
So – what’s a contact page and why do people use them? Or more importantly – why do YOUR customers use them?
If you have an ecommerce site they probably use them:
- when they have a question about a product while shopping
- they are looking for something you don’t provide or they can’t find
- They’re looking for a deal or additional discount
- They also might want to discuss (complain) about a current order
If you aren’t selling online, the contact form is even MORE important because:
- they may be shopping while you’re closed and have questions
- They could want to schedule a call about a BIG deal
Or – they’re trying to sell YOU something – which is why having Captcha is important.
You can use your contact form to do more than just capture information so you can call someone back. You can also:
- Build your email list
- Use it to help route response like:
- Choose the reason for your contact
- Question about a current order
- Finding out if you do ________
- Question about a future order
Elements of a good thank you page:
- Motivation – Why they should fill it out and not just click away
- Form itself
Something more – Reviews, Personal Message, Pics of happy customers, etc
Thank you form are important!
Never use the standard TY page. Those pages are opportunities to make a further sale! also, don’t just have a simple pop up that says “form been submitted
- Reinforce their decision – Thanks, you made the right choice
- What you want them to do next
- Continue shopping
- Look at this new product too
- Visit you on Social
- Share something
- show them a video!
- offer a free sample or a coupon
Contact and TY pages are a huge opportunity for you to engage with the people who WANT to talk to you!
Here’s our Avance Thank You Page Example: Avance Thank You – Avancé Commercial Embroidery Machines (avance-emb.com)
DigitalHeat FX Contact Page Example: Contact Us – Digital Heat FX
Good article on Contact Page options: Contact Form Design: 15 Best Contact Page Examples of 2020 (ventureharbour.com)